Microsoft Download Center Archive
Planning guide for sites and solutions for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Part 1
Subjects include site security, governance, and enterprise content management.
- This book provides information about planning for deploying Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Subjects include site security, governance, and enterprise content management. The audiences for this book are business application specialists, line-of-business specialists, information architects, IT generalists, program managers, and infrastructure specialists who are planning a solution based on SharePoint Server 2010. This book is part of a set of four planning guides that provide comprehensive IT planning information for SharePoint Server.
For further information about planning for site and solutions created by using SharePoint Server, see Planning guide for sites and solutions for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, part 2. Subjects in Part 2 include web content management, site creation, business intelligence, business data, and enterprise search.
For information about planning the architecture of a SharePoint Server 2010 deployment, see Planning guide for server farms and environments for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.For information about planning for capacity and performance in SharePoint Server 2010, see Capacity planning for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
The content in this book is a copy of selected content in the SharePoint Server 2010 technical library as of the publication date. For the most current content, see the technical library on the Web.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To use this document, you must have a program capable of opening one of the provided file formats.
- To open the .doc file, you can use Microsoft Word 2010. Microsoft Office Word 2007, or the free Word viewer.
- To open the .pdf file, you can use a free viewer such as Adobe Acrobat.
- To open the .xps file, you must have Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP with .NET Framework 3.0, or the XPS Essentials Pack.
- Click Download button next to the file you want to download to start the download.
- Click Save or Save this program to disk.
- Find the file on your computer and double-click it to open it.