Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack
The Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack, Version 1.2 (XPS Essentials Pack) contains components that enable you to view, generate and index XPS Documents.
- With the XPS Essentials Pack you can quickly begin reading and generating XPS Documents. It contains XPS Viewer EP to read XPS Documents and the Microsoft XPS Document Writer to output files to the XPS Document format
Additionally, the XPS Essentials Pack download includes providers to enable the iPreview and iFilter capabilities found in many Windows applications. Windows shell handlers are also included to enable thumbnail views and file properties for XPS Documents.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
|XPSEP Vista 32 bit.msu||1.93 MB|
|XPSEP Vista 64 bit.msu||2.81 MB|
|XPSEP XP and Server 2003 32 bit.msi||7.20 MB|
|XPSEP XP and Server 2003 64 bit.msi||9.41 MB|
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Click the Download button to start the download
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.