Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Tools Documentation: Extender
This documentation describes how to use Extender, which is a customization and integration tool that you can use to modify Microsoft Dynamics GP applications.
- You can use this page to download the following documentation components:
- Extender User's Guide (ExtenderUsersGuide.pdf or ExtenderUsersGuide.xps): Explains how to use Extender, which you can use to extend the functionality of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Extender Help (extstd.exe): Includes the Extender User's Guide in HTML Help format, with additional help for Extender windows. The Help is in .chm file format.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- To view the XPS file, you will need Windows Vista or the Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack.
- To download the PDF or XPS file:
- Click Download to download the User's Guide in PDF file or XPS file format.
- Save the file to your computer
To download the .exe file:
- Click Download to download the help as an .exe file.
- Save the file to your computer.
- To extract the help file from the .exe file, double-click the Extstd.exe file on your computer.
- When prompted for a location for the .chm file, we recommend that you save it to the appropriate folder in your Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 installation folder, so you can access the updated help from within the product. By default, this location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\.
Repeat these steps on each computer where you want to install the guide or help, or save the files to a shared folder where other others can access them.