Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC) Core System Documentation: Encoding and Unicode Considerations
Describes what you need to know when dealing with Encoding and Unicode in applications built on top of Microsoft solutions.
- One of the areas that is very important to a successful Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC) is to apply standards and best practices in encoding and using Unicode to those BI applications that are built on top of Microsoft solutions. This white paper describes how to ensure the highest compatibility, including best practices, globalization standards, encodings in Microsoft SQL Server, the Microsoft .NET Framework, and data sources.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Microsoft Office Word 2007 or Microsoft Office 2010
- Click the Download button above to start the download.
- Click Save or Save this program to disk.
- Find the file on your hard disk and double-click it to open it.