Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Mobile
SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 for devices Windows Installer (MSI) file contains the CAB files and the DLLs for installing SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 on the Windows mobile devices.
- SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 for devices is the service pack release of SQL Server Compact 3.5 for devices. The download does not ship with Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or Visual Studio 2010 and is only available as a Web download. For more information, see the following:
Your feedback is important to us.
- If you have questions about SQL Server Compact, visit the SQL Server Compact MSDN Forum.
- Help improve SQL Server Compact by submitting and tracking bugs using Microsoft Connect website. Be sure to select SQL Server Compact as the version and provide detailed repro steps to help us identify the problem.
- Contact Microsoft Professional Support. For deeper support needs, purchase a Professional Support package and have experts available to help out in case of any issues.
- Find out what support options are available if you are located outside the United States or Canada at Worldwide Support Options.
- Search the Knowledge Base Articles. Get the answers you need about SQL Server Compact from the Microsoft Knowledge Base. This is the same database of technical articles used by Microsoft Support Professionals.
- To participate in the future SQL Server Compact Technology Adoption Program (TAP) send us an email.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows CE, Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PCs, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6, Windows Mobile 6.1, Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard
- For the Windows desktop platform, see the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 for Windows desktop download page.
- 48 MB of available hard disk space. An additional 48 MB of space must be also available for temporary setup files.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.
- Active Sync 4.0 or later.
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 for Visual Studio designer support for developing application for Windows mobile devices. Visual Studio 2010 is not supported for developing applications for Windows mobile devices.
- Visual Studio 2005 SP1 supported for code based scenarios for Windows desktop and mobile devices.
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or 3.5 for managed application development.
Windows Mobile Devices
- Any device that runs Microsoft Windows CE 4.2, Windows CE 5.0, Windows CE 6.0, Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 6.0, or Windows Mobile 6.5.
- 2–3 MB of available storage space on the Windows mobile device, depending on processor type, operating system version, and components installed.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.