Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Express Editions Service Pack 1
This download installs Service Pack 1 for Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Express Editions.
- License Terms
PLEASE NOTE: Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) licenses this supplement to you. You may use it with each validly licensed copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express software (the “software”). You may not use the supplement if you do not have a license for the software. The license terms for the software apply to your use of this supplement. Microsoft provides support services for the supplement as described at www.support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx.
This download installs Service Pack 1 for Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Express Editions. Fixes in this Service Pack include stability and security enhancements made in many areas of the product. A comprehensive list of hotfixes requested by customers since the release of Visual Studio® 2005 and included in this Service Pack can be found by following the appropriate link under Related Resources on this page.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter Edition (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, Windows Vista, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Installation Time:
- Due to the setup requirements of large service packs such as Visual Studio® 2005 SP1, installation will take a significant amount of time. How much time depends upon your computer’s capabilities and the number of Visual Studio® 2005 products being updated.
- When installing on Windows Vista™ with User Account Control (UAC) active, there can be a substantial delay before the initial setup dialog is displayed. During this time, a UAC function is verifying digital signatures within the installation package. This service pack carries a large number of files causing the process to take up to one hour in some cases.
- Installation Requirements:
- A copy of one of the supported Visual Studio® 2005 products must be installed on the target computer.
- Microsoft® Windows® Installer 3.1 or later installed on the target computer.
- 192MB of RAM required. 256MB or greater is recommended.
- Hard disk space required: 470MB
- This requirement can increase substantially if multiple Visual Studio® 2005 products are installed on the target computer.
- Select the correct language for download: If your installed Visual Studio® 2005 product language is different from your operating system (for example, English Visual Studio on Japanese Windows), please use the language selection drop down to select the language that matches your Visual Studio® 2005 installation before continuing with the Service Pack download.
- Click the Download button to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
- Installing the service pack: Due to the size of the service pack, it is recommended that the installer be saved to your computer before starting the installation process.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- If you are installing on Windows Vista™, the service pack setup must be run with elevated privileges.
- To run the Service Pack installer with elevated privileges after downloading the Service Pack, right click the executable and select "Run as administrator", or launch from a privileged console window.
- Under certain conditions when installing on Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP, a digital signature verification error can occur. Please see Knowledge base article 925336 for details and resolution.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
- A note regarding uninstall: If it should become necessary to uninstall this service pack, there are conditions which may require access to the original product installation media or network location.