Microsoft Download Center Archive
.NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 Redistributable includes everything you need to run .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0 applications.
- The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1 Redistributable contains the common language runtime and class libraries built for the .NET Compact Framework. In addition to supporting version 2.0, it also supports applications developed for version 1.0 and service pack releases before version 2.0.
Important: This redistributable enables running .NET Compact Framework applications on the Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone, and other Windows CE powered devices. To develop .NET Compact Framework applications, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK are required.
This package uses ActiveSync 4.0 and up to update the device, see the Windows Mobile Center for more information. Be sure to dock your device first before running NETCFSetupv2.msi. If your device is not docked, ActiveSync will store the CAB file until the time when you dock your device. Those not using ActiveSync can run the CAB files which match the device found in the install folder directly on the device.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows CE .NET, Windows Mobile 2003 SE software for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PCs, Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 5.0 software for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0 software for Smartphone
- Supported Device Operating Systems: Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC and Smartphone, Windows CE .NET 5.0 and higher.
Important: This download utilities Microsoft® Windows® Installer technology. Windows 98 and Windows ME users should install the Microsoft® Windows® Installer 2.0 before proceeding with this download.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.