Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Guides: Inventory and Order Processing
This page includes links to the inventory and order processing documentation resources for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- You can use this page to download the following documentation components:
- Bill of Materials (BillOfMaterials.pdf or BillOfMaterials.xps): Explains how to set up and maintain bills of materials, which are lists of the components needed to build finished goods. Describes how to create and post assembly transactions, copy bill components, and analyze and print information.
- German Shipping Documents (ShippingDocuments.pdf or ShippingDocuments.xps): Explains how to set up and use shipping documents in Sales Order Processing. These are legal documents that accompany goods that are shipped from a sales company to a customer. This feature is available only if you've installed a German version of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Inventory Control (Inventory.pdf or Inventory.xps): Explains how to set up inventory preferences and records, and how to enter and post transactions and work with stock counts. Also contains information about reporting, year-end closing, and inventory reconciliation and adjustments.
- Invoicing (Invoicing.pdf or Invoicing.xps): Describes how to create and print invoices and packing slips, enter transactions, and print analysis and audit reports. Also describes how to customize Invoicing.
- Purchase Order Enhancements (PurchaseOrderEnhancements.pdf or PurchaseOrderEnhancements.xps): Explains how to set up and use purchase order approvals, purchase order commitments, and purchase order returns.
- Purchase Order Processing (PurchaseOrderProcessing.pdf or PurchaseOrderProcessing.xps): Describes how to set up Purchase Order Processing, and how to enter, print, issue, and manage purchase orders and receipts. Also explains how to analyze this information and complete routine procedures.
- Sales Order Processing (SalesOrderProcessing.pdf or SalesOrderProcessing.xps): Describes how to set up Sales Order Processing and enter and print quotes, orders, invoices, back orders, and returns. Also includes information about generating purchase orders from sales documents, working with allocations and fulfillments, completing routine tasks, and analyzing sales information.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- Click Download to download the manuals in PDF or XPS file format.
- Save the files to your computer. When prompted for a location for the files, save them to the Documentation folder in your Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 folder. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2010\Documentation.
- If you’re asked if you want to overwrite the existing files, click Yes.
- Repeat these steps on each computer where you want to install the manuals, or save the files to a shared folder where other others can access them.