Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 White Paper: Tracing Role Center KPIs
This white paper explains how to trace the data that is displayed in a Role Center page KPI to its source in the Microsoft Dynamics AX online transaction processing (OLTP) database.
- The prominent place of key performance indicators (KPIs) on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Role Center pages has prompted questions about where the KPI data is drawn from. This document explains how to trace the data that is displayed in a KPI to its source in the Microsoft Dynamics AX online transaction processing (OLTP) database.
Microsoft Dynamics AX relies on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services for its business intelligence processing. This white paper defines terms of importance for Analysis Services, and then provides a step-by-step example of how to trace the data for a KPI on a Role Center page.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- To view the XPS file, you will need Windows Vista or the Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack.
- For information about the system requirements for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, see System requirements for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Click Download to download the document in PDF file or XPS file format.
- Save the file to your computer.