IE Automatic Component Activation Preview for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista (KB947518)
This update disables the “Click to activate” behavior of the Internet Explorer ActiveX update that is contained in update KB944533.
- This update disables the “Click to activate” behavior of the Internet Explorer ActiveX update that is contained in update KB944533. This update should only be applied after installing KB944533 to ensure that the security updates contained in update KB944533 are still present and functional. We strongly recommend that this IE ACA Preview be deployed only to systems for testing purposes prior to the permanent removal of the “Click to activate” behavior planned for April 2008. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista
- This update applies to Internet Explorer 7 with the following operating systems:
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.