Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products Upgrade Approaches
This model describes the three basic approaches to upgrading to SharePoint 2010 Products: in-place, database attach, or a hybrid of the two.
- This model helps you understand the in-place, database attach, and hybrid approaches to upgrading from Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to SharePoint 2010 Products. It illustrates farm topologies before, during, and after upgrade, and compares the advantages of each type of upgrade approach.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To edit the Visio version of the model, you must have Microsoft Office Visio 2007. You can also use Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Visio 2007 Viewer to view the model.
- To view the PDF version of the model, you must have a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader
- To view the XPS version of the model, you must have Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP with .NET Framework 3.0, or XPS Essentials Pack.
- Click Download, and then save the file to your computer. Use an appropriate application to open the file.