Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects
This is an update to support Web Application Projects available as a Visual Studio 2005 add-in.
- Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects provide a companion Web project model option that can be used as an alternative to the built-in Web site based project model. When creating a new Web application, the Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects model uses the same conceptual semantics as the Visual Studio 2003 Web project model, making it easier to convert and work with projects originally created in Visual Studio 2003.
This update enables migration wizard support and an improved designer experience when using Web Application Projects.
To fully enable Web Application Projects in Visual Studio 2005, you will need to install this update as well as the Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects add-in found at
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- Supported Products: Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition; Microsoft Visual Studio 2005; Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System; Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite; Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects; Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers; Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.