Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1.1 Update
With Microsoft® Virtual PC for Mac version 6.1.1, you can run programs for Microsoft Windows® on your Macintosh more productively than ever. This update addresses security issues and bugs related to running upcoming Windows XP Professional service packs.
- With Microsoft® Virtual PC for Mac version 6.1.1, you can run programs for Microsoft Windows® on your Macintosh more productively than ever. This update addresses security issues and bugs related to running upcoming Windows XP Professional service packs.
Applies to: Virtual PC for Mac version 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, or 6.1 in German, English, French, and Japanese
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Apple Mac OS X, Macintosh
- Before you can install this Virtual PC for Mac version 6.1.1 update, one or more of the following programs must be installed on your computer:
Virtual PC for Mac version 6.0 through 6.1.
In addition, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
Processor: Macintosh PowerPC, native G3 or G4 machines
Operating system: Mac OS 9.2.2 or Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later
Memory: 192 MB of RAM
Hard disk: 60 MB of available hard disk space is temporarily required to complete installation; after installation, the program requires 30 MB of hard disk space.
Programs: Virtual PC for Mac version 6.0 or later must be installed before you download this update.
Internet access: Internet connection through either an Internet service provider (ISP) or a network is required. Internet access might require a fee to an ISP; local or long-distance telephone charges might also apply.
Tip If you're not sure whether your computer meets these requirements, see the Apple System Profiler program included with the Macintosh operating system. If you are using Mac OS 9.x, you can start Apple System Profiler by clicking Apple System Profiler on the Apple menu. If you are using Mac OS X, you can start Apple System Profiler by double-clicking its program file in the Applications/Utilities folder on your hard disk.
- Before you install this download:
- Quit any programs that are running, including virus-protection programs.
- If you are using Mac OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, make sure Aladdin Systems StuffIt Expander version 5.5 or later is installed on your computer. If an earlier version of StuffIt Expander is installed on your computer, you might not be able to install this download.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk.
If you are using Internet Explorer, the Download Manager saves the file to the desktop unless you have specified a different download folder in the Preferences dialog box (Download Options pane).
- On your hard disk, double-click the file that you downloaded to expand it.
Depending on the Web browser that you are currently using, this step might be performed for you automatically.
- Double-click the Virtual PC 6.1.1 Update EN-DE-FR to start the setup program.
This Virtual PC for Mac version 6.1.1 update does not include an uninstall feature.