Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft Group and Contact Management Sample for Office Live Communications Server 2005
This sample is designed to show you how to create a custom application which allows Domain Administrators to manage contacts and groups for individual users.
- This sample includes a TeamContacts sample application that is designed to show you how to programmatically create and modify contacts and groups for individual users by interacting with the Active Directory Domain Services and WMI. This sample uses the System.DirectoryServices and System.Management namespaces to query and interact with Active Directory to:
- Create new contact groups
- Create contacts
- Add contacts to newly created contact groups
- Pre-populate a new employee’s contact list with a custom contact group
This download includes a fully functional sample application with source code, Code Walkthrough, and supporting documentation. The application is provided in C# and Visual Basic .NET.
- There is no support for this sample code.
For more information about Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 and Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/livecomm.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2005
- Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 with SP1
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the program file on your hard disk to begin installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Group and Contact Management Sample for Office Live Communications Server 2005 and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.