Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2017 Express is a powerful and reliable free data management system that delivers a rich and reliable data store for lightweight Web Sites and desktop applications.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express is a free, feature-rich editions of SQL Server that is ideal for learning, developing, powering desktop, web & small server applications, and for redistribution by ISVs.
- LocalDB is a lightweight version of Express that has all its programmability features, yet runs in user mode and has a fast, zero-configuration installation and short list of pre-requisites. Use this if you need a simple way to create and work with databases from code. It can be bundled with Application and Database Development tools like Visual Studio and or embedded with an application that needs local databases.
- Express edition includes the SQL Server database engine only. Best suited to accept remote connections or administer remotely.
- This package contains Polybase and Full Text Search features in addition to SQL Database Engine.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016
- Intel - compatible processor with a minimum speed of 1 GHz or a faster processor
- Minimum 512MB
- Hard Disk Space
- 4.2 GB of Disk Space
Limitations : Microsoft SQL Server Express supports 1 physical processor, 1 GB memory, and 10 GB storage
- Download the SQL Server 2017 Express installer (SQLServer2017-SSEI-Expr) on this page that, when executed, will present options to perform an installation or download media only.