Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems (KB972636)
This update helps make websites designed for older browsers look better in Internet Explorer 8. To take advantage of this update, you must have “Include updated website lists from Microsoft” selected in Internet Explorer’s Compatibility View Settings.
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 improves browser interoperability and advances the Web by delivering a better implementation of Web standards. While this is a move in the right direction, users might encounter compatibility issues with some sites that still rely on the behavior of previous versions of Internet Explorer. Microsoft understands the shift towards standards compatibility with Internet Explorer 8 may take some time to complete for each organization or webmaster. To bridge this transition, we offer the Compatibility View list. The list helps make websites designed for older browsers look better in Internet Explorer 8.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems
- This update applies to Internet Explorer 8 with the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.