Windows® Vista™ Language Interface Pack - Reference information for LIP languages supported by Windows Vista English.
Windows Vista Language Interface Pack (LIP) for English versions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Enterprise. Many Vista LIP languages are also available for Windows Vista Starter.
- Windows Vista Language Interface Pack (LIP) for Windows Vista provides a partially translated version of the most widely used areas of Windows. After installing the LIP, portions of the text in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, Help and Support topics, and other items in the user interface will be displayed in the LIP language. The text that is not translated will be in English. You can install more than one LIP, so each user of the computer can display the user interface in their desired language. Just click on the language below that you want to install.
(Languages denoted by an asterisk (*) are also available for Windows Vista Starter versions. Windows Vista Starter Edition balances the needs of first-time PC owners in developing technology markets by delivering proven Microsoft technology at a more affordable price, and optimized specifically for lower end hardware. )
This package applies to the following languages:
• Bengali (India)*
• Bosnian - Cyrillic*
• Bosnian - Latin*
• Malay (Malaysia)*
• Malay (Brunei Darussalam)
• Serbian - Cyrillic*
• Sesotho sa Leboa*
• Uzbek - Latin*
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista
- • Microsoft Windows Vista
• User interface is in English
• 2.63 Mb of free space for download
• 15 Mb of free space for setup
Supported Platforms: LIPs only work with 32-bit versions of Windows Vista and cannot be installed on previous versions of Windows or on 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.