IE Automatic Component Activation Preview for Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 64-bit Itanium Edition (KB947518)
This update disables the “Click to activate” behavior of the Internet Explorer ActiveX update that is contained in update KB944533.
- This update disables the “Click to activate” behavior of the Internet Explorer ActiveX update that is contained in update KB944533. This update should only be applied after installing KB944533 to ensure that the security updates contained in update KB944533 are still present and functional. We strongly recommend that this IE ACA Preview be deployed only to systems for testing purposes prior to the permanent removal of the “Click to activate” behavior planned for April 2008. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
Critical security updates are available: To find the latest security releases for you visit Windows Update and click "Scan for updates." And visit the Protect your PC site to learn how to have the latest security updates delivered directly to your computer.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 for Itanium-based Systems
- This update applies to Internet Explorer 6 with the following operating system:
- Windows Server 2003 Family Itanium 64-bit
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.