The Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) Supplement for Windows® 7 SP1
The Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) Supplement for Windows 7 SP1 is an optional update to AIK for Windows 7 that helps you to install, customize, and deploy the Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 family of operating systems.
- Windows® Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 3.1 is being released as an Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) supplement for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Windows PE 3.1 includes all optional components and language packs. You can apply these optional components and language packs to customize the boot.wim and winre.wim images that are part of the Windows 7 SP1 installation media.
This supplement is optional. If you do not need to modify the SP1 boot.wim and winre.wim files, you can continue to use the Windows 7 RTM tools, including WinPE 3.0, without installing this supplement. You can obtain the Windows® Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) that was released with Windows 7 RTM here.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- • Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2
• Windows Vista SP1
• Windows Server 2008 family
• Windows 7 family
• Windows Server 2008 R2 family
- To apply the supplement to your already installed Windows® Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK), download the ISO and use the instructions listed in the Windows AIK readme.