Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Offline Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is a highly compatible, in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6. The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity.
- This is an offline installer. There are separate installers for web and offline installation. If you intend to redistribute either of these installers in the setup for your own product or application, we recommend that you choose the web installer because it is smaller and typically downloads faster. You can download the web installer here.Wherever possible, Microsoft recommends you use the Web Installer in lieu of the Offline Package for optimal efficiency and bandwidth requirements.The offline package can be used in situations where the web installer cannot be used due to lack of internet connectivity. This package is larger than the web installer and does not include the language packs. You can download and install the language packs from here.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space (x86)
- 2.5 GB of available hard disk space (x64)
- On this page, choose the Download button.
- To install the software now, choose the Run button.
- To install the software later, choose the Save button. (When you install, the computer must be connected to the Internet.)