Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (IA64)
The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (IA64) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (IA64) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run 64-bit applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed.
This package installs runtime components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, ATL, MFC, OpenMP and MSDIA libraries. For libraries that support side-by-side deployment model (CRT, SCL, ATL, MFC, OpenMP) they are installed into the native assembly cache, also called WinSxS folder, on versions of Windows operating system that support side-by-side assemblies. For more information on supported ways of deployment for Visual C++ applications, click here
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Required Software:
- Disk Space Requirements: 10 MB (IA64)
oWindows Installer 3.0 Windows Installer 3.1 or later is recommended.
o64-bit support: 64-bit CPU support requires the latest 64-bit version of either Windows XP Professional \Windows Server 2003. This package is designed for the supported 64-bit Operating System.
- Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2008 or Visual Studio 2008, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version.