Network Equipment Shapes for Microsoft Visio
A set of 24 Microsoft Visio stencils containing manufacturer-specific network equipment shapes for rack and data center diagrams.
- Create detailed rack and data center diagrams using this set of 2,000 shapes representing network equipment from 3Com, APC, Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Nortel, Panduit, and Sun Microsystems. These shapes are exact replicas of the network devices and are drawn to scale with port-level details. Front and rear views are included for most devices.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To use these stencils, you must have Microsoft Visio 2003 (Standard or Professional) or a later version.
- To install this download:
- Download the .zip file.
- Extract the stencil files (*.vss) from the .zip file to a folder on your computer.
To access these shapes from Visio:
- Copy the stencil files to the "My Shapes" folder in your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder, which will be located on a path that looks similar to this:
- In Visio 2003 or 2007, with a drawing open, go to the File menu, point to Shapes, and then point to My Shapes. In Visio 2010, click on More Shapes in the Shapes window, and then point to My Shapes. The stencils will be listed in the My Shapes menu.
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\My Shapes
You can place them in a folder inside of the My Shapes folder if desired.