Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft Group and Contact Management Sample for Office Communicator 2005
This set of samples demonstrates how to extend contact and group management capabilities of Microsoft Office Communicator through the use of RTC API and the Messenger API.
- The samples illustrate how you can add contact and group management functionality to your applications, leveraging existing contact repositories used by your business. The Contact Manager Client sample application demonstrates adding functionality to your custom applications, such as:
- Add or remove groups
- Add or remove contacts
- Copy or move contacts between groups
Contact Manager uses a plug-in architecture that offers developers the ability to create custom libraries that can import contacts from various sources such as Microsoft Outlook or a Microsoft SQL Server database. Contact Manager has been built with a plug-in architecture that offers developers the ability to create custom libraries that can import contacts from various sources. A single plug-in that provides Active Directory searching has been included with the sample application to use as a reference point.
This download includes a fully functional sample application with source code, Hands on Lab, Code Walkthrough, and supporting documentation. The Hands on Lab is provided in C# and Visual Basic .NET.
- There is no support for this sample code.
For more information about Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 and Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/livecomm.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2005
- Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 with SP1
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the program file on your hard disk to begin installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Group and Contact Management Sample for Office Communicator 2005 and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.