JScript 5.1 Security Patch for Windows 2000 - Q814078
MS03-008: Flaw in Windows Script Engine could allow code execution
- A flaw exists in the way by which the Windows Script Engine for JScript processes information. An attacker could exploit the vulnerability by constructing a web page that, when visited by the user, would execute code of the attacker’s choice with user privileges. The web page could be hosted on a web site, or sent directly to the user in email.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000
- The update available from this page is for JScript 5.1 on Windows 2000. To determine which version of JScript is on your machine:
- Open the Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the Windows\system32 directory
- Right click on jscript.dll and choose "Properties"
- Choose the "Version" tab
The version will be the first line of information. For example, after this patch is installed it will be 184.108.40.20613. If your version is 5.5 or 5.6, please use the appropriate link under Related Resources on the right side of this page.
To download and install this patch:
- Click the Download link to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.