Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (KB897715)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Outlook Express and gain control over it.
- A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Outlook Express and gain control over it. User interaction is required to exploit this vulnerability. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows XP Service Pack 1
- This updates applies to Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with following operating systems:
- Windows XP SP1
- Windows 2000 SP3
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Click the Download link on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and clickGo.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.