Security Update for Windows Server 2003 64 Bit Edition and Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Version 2003 (KB839643)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to cause DirectX, or applications using DirectX, to become unresponsive.
- A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to cause DirectX, or applications using DirectX, to become unresponsive. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
Other critical security updates are available: To find the latest security releases for you visit Windows Update and click "Scan for updates." And visit the Protect your PC site to learn how to have the latest security updates delivered directly to your computer.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP 64 Bit Edition Version 2003
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.