Security Update for Windows Vista RC1 and Windows Longhorn Server IDS_C (KB929969)
This update addresses the vulnerability discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-004. To find out if other security updates are available for you, see the Overview section of this page.
- A security issue has been identified in the way Vector Markup Language (VML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft.
Other critical security updates are available: To find the latest security updates for you, visit Windows Update and click "Express Install." To have the latest security updates delivered directly to your computer, visit Protect your PC and follow the 3 easy steps to ensure you’re protected.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista
- This update applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista RC1
- Windows Longhorn Server IDS_C
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.