Microsoft SQL Server2008 R2 RTM - Express with Advanced Services
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Express is a powerful and reliable data management system that delivers a rich set of features, data protection, and performance for embedded applications, lightweight Web Sites and applications, and local data stores
- The Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 RTM - Express is a powerful and reliable data management system that delivers a rich set of features, data protection, and performance for embedded applications, lightweight Web Sites andapplications, and local data stores. Designed for easy deployment and rapid prototyping, this download includes support for Sysprep, Microsoft's System Preparation Utility for Microsoft Windows operating system deployment.
SQL Server Express with Advanced Services is an easy-to-use version of the SQL Server Express data platform that includes the graphical management tool SQL Server Management Studio (SMSS) Express, powerful features for reporting, and advanced text-based search capabilities
To read what is new in SQL Server® 2008 R2 click here.
Here is the SQL Server® Privacy Statement. for your review
Note : Some components in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation – an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Un-attend Installation – this is a DOS command Line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
Here is the copy of the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 License Terms for your review.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- 32-bit systems
- Computer with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended.)
- 64-bit systems
- 1.4 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum of 512 MB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 2.2 GB of available hard disk space
Here is the copy of the detailed Systems Requirements for your review.
- We recommend you read the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Release Notes and Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Readme before installing Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2.
Step 1: Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.
Step 2: Download and install Windows Installer 4.5.
Step 3: Download and install Windows PowerShell 1.0 .
Step 4: Download SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Advanced Services by clicking the appropriate link below.