IIS Media Pack 1.0 - 64-bit
IIS Media Pack 1.0 provides media-specific extensions that make delivering media from IIS simple and cost-effective. Built on IIS 7.0, the IIS Media Pack supports all media file types, protects media assets, and increases scalability by supporting more concurrent users per server
- IIS Media Pack 1.0 provides media-specific extensions that make delivering media from IIS simple, and cost-effective. Building on the security, reliability and manageability of IIS 7.0, IIS Media Pack protects media assets as it increases scalability by supporting more concurrent users per server. IIS supports all media file types, including WMV, FLV, and MP4, and provides a great way to use your existing Web infrastructure to deliver compelling rich media content to clients such as Microsoft Silverlight.
With IIS 7.0 and IIS Media Pack 1.0, you can:
- Save bandwidth costs by throttling the speed at which content is downloaded
- Decrease network traffic by metering your media deliveries
- Monetize media assets with Web playlists that personalize content and prevent ad skipping
- Intelligently deliver multiple media formats from a single server, including .wmv, .flv, and .mp4 files
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008
- To install and use the IIS7 Media Pack Bit Rate Throttling module:
- You must have administrative privileges on the PC
- Internet Information Services 7.0 must be installed. On Windows Server 2008, use Server Manager / Add Roles to install the Web Server role - refer to http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/29/installing-iis7-on-windows-server-2008 for instructions .
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, then do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
- Log in to your computer using the local "administrator" account before installation.
- Copy the download to your computer, then log in using an account with administrator privileges and opening a command-prompt by right-clicking the Command Prompt menu item that is located in the Accessories menu for Windows programs and selecting "Run as administrator", then typing the command listed below to run the installation:
msiexec /i IISMedia64.msi