Visual Studio 2010 SP1 SDK
The Visual Studio 2010 SP1 SDK provides tools and templates for building Visual Studio extensions. By using the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 SDK, you can build your own tool windows, create menu commands, and add extensions to the new Visual Studio editor and other features. Note: If Visual Studio 2010 SDK is installed on your machine, uninstall it before installing this (SP1) version.
- The Visual Studio 2010 SP1 SDK includes project templates that help developers create tool windows, menu commands, isolated shell projects, and editor extensions. The editor extensions include text adornments, colorizers, and margins.
The Visual Studio 2010 SP1 SDK also includes build tasks that help developers build and debug extensions. Building and debugging are managed in a second instance of Visual Studio named the experimental instance. The experimental instance provides a test bed for extensions without changing the primary installation of Visual Studio.
The SDK also puts shortcuts to online documentation, samples, and other developer resources on the Start menu.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP (x86) with Service Pack 3 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions
- Users will need to install MSXML6 if not already present
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 and x64) - all editions
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) - all editions
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Professional or better
For information on the system requirements for Visual Studio 2010 please check http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2010/sysreqs.
- If the original version of the Visual Studio 2010 SDK is installed on your machine, uninstall it using the Windows Control Panel Programs and Features tool.
- On this page, click Download to start the download.
- To save the download on your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.