Microsoft Project 2010 Demonstration and Evaluation Installation Pack
Project 2010 Demonstration and Evaluation Installation Pack helps you to evaluate and demonstrate the full power of Project 2010. It is an add-on for the "2010 Information Worker Demonstration and Evaluation Virtual Machine" that has to be downloaded, configured and up and running before installing this pack.
- Microsoft Project Server 2010 is built on Microsoft SharePoint® Server 2010, and brings together powerful business collaboration platform services with structured execution capabilities to provide flexible work management solutions. Project Server 2010 unifies project and portfolio management to help organizations align resources and investments with strategic priorities, gain control across all types of work, and visualize performance by using powerful dashboards.
Please find more information on www.microsoft.com/project/.
As a valued Microsoft customer you can always search for a Microsoft certified project partner that can help you walk through Project 2010 products and help you determine the best solution to suite your needs. Please go to http://www.microsoft.com/project and click “Solutions & Partners” and then “Find a partner by geography” to access the extensive and experienced list of “Microsoft Certified Project and Portfolio Management” partners local to you. For further information on products and partners you can also speak to your local Microsoft representative.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2 with the Hyper-V role enabled
- Virtual Machine: Downloaded, imported and running 2010 Information Worker Demonstration and Evaluation Virtual Machine (download here)
- RAM: 8 GB recommended for the host machine, 5GB or more allocated to the Virtual Machine recommended for optimal performance
- Disk space: additional 5 GB for installing and running this content pack scenario, Solid State Drive recommended for better performance
- The Project 2010 Demonstration and Evaluation Installation Pack will only work with the 2010 Information Worker Demonstration and Evaluation Virtual Machine (download here); hence the 2010 Information Worker Demonstration and Evaluation Virtual Machine HAS to be downloaded, configured and up and running before installing the Project 2010 Demonstration and Evaluation Installation Pack (http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713956) as visually expressed in the illustration below.Additional instructions regarding this demonstration and evaluation package, including the full demonstration scenario could be found in the downloadable document.
As an option we host this Virtual Machine with the Project 2010 Demonstration and Evaluation Installation Pack already installed in our datacenter. If you would rather use this opportunity and run the image from your Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher browser – please go to http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713654. Note that one session is limited to 90 minutes.
If you are a developer and you would like to extend on the Project 2010 Demonstration Installer Platform, please visit http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Project2010DemoPack.