Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969613)
A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Word 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves the vulnerability so that Microsoft Office Word 2007 documents are handled appropriately.
- You can get specific information about this update in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969613).
|Knowledge Base Articles:|
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- This update applies to the following product:
- the 2007 Microsoft Office System and the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack
- Supported Windows Installer Version: Windows Installer 3.1 or greater
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 includes Windows Installer 3.1. Windows Installer 3.1 is also available as a separate download at the following location:
- Note: IT professionals should refer to the IT professional resources section.
If you have the 2007 Microsoft Office System and the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack, do one of the following:
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended). Microsoft Update consolidates updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and enables you to choose automatic delivery and installation of high-priority updates.
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.
- Install Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969613). To do this, follow these steps:
- Download one of the two .exe files by using the links at the bottom of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
IT professional resources
IT professionals working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the Office System Suites and Programs TechCenter.
The downloads for this update are under the Files in this Download section below. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the patch files (MSP files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article Command line switches for Microsoft Self-Extractor packages (KB912203).
See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969613) for further information about this update.