Visual FoxPro VFPCOM Utility
This utility is a COM server that provides additional functionality when you use ADO and access COM events with your Visual FoxPro 9.0 applications.
- Extend Visual FoxPro interoperability with other COM and ADO components with the VFPCOM Utility. This utility is a COM server that provides additional functionality when you use ADO and access COM events with your Visual FoxPro 9.0 applications. For installation instructions and more details on the issues that have been addressed, consult the VFPCOM Utility readme file (vfpcom.htm).
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP
- The setup prompts you for the location of your Visual FoxPro 9.0 directory. If you do not have Visual FoxPro 9.0 installed, you should change the install location to your Visual FoxPro 9.0 directory. >
- This VFPCOM Utility is also compatible with Visual FoxPro 8.0.
- Important download details: The VFPCOM utility and sample files are installed by default in a subdirectory \VFPCOM of your Visual FoxPro root directory, however, you can install them in a different location. The installer automatically registers the VFPCOM.DLL file. If you move the file, or if CREATEOBJECT('vfpcom.comutil') fails, you should use REGSVR32.EVE to re-register VFPCOM.DLL. From the Start Menu's Run... option, type in REGSVR32.EXE (path)vfpcom.dll.
- Click the file you want to download from the list below.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Note: If you have a previous version of the VFPCOM utility, you can safely delete the files from the older version after you have installed the newer one.