Media Transfer Protocol Enhanced Specification
This specification is intended to define the transport-independent portion of MTP in a way that is agnostic to both device type and OS.
- This specification is intended to define the transport-independent portion of MTP in a way that is agnostic to both device type and OS. Additional specification on how this protocol is defined over a particular transport is required to fully implement this protocol, and will be provided either in an appendix or in a separate document. Certain operating systems or device classes may require a particular subset of MTP to enable their minimal scenarios; it is strongly suggested that implementers investigate the intended usage scenarios to determine if any such requirements exist.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows XP
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the MTP_Enhanced.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
After you install this download, use the Media Transfer Protocol Enhanced Specification document as you normally would.
To remove this download:
To remove the download file itself, delete the file MTP_Enhanced.exe.
To remove the Media Transfer Protocol Enhanced Specification document, delete the file ProducerTemplates.doc