Media Format Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211)
The Windows Media Format Feature Pack for Windows 7 N or Windows 7 KN will install the Windows Media Format runtime on a computer running Windows 7 N or Windows 7 KN edition, or these editions with Service Pack 1. For further information, please see http://support.microsoft.com and query the Knowledge Base for the article number KB968212.
- Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN editions include the same functionality as Windows 7, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies.
End-user customers can enable only Windows Media Format support for applications which support Windows Media files by installing the Windows Media Format Feature pack. This package will only install the components needed for Windows Media format support.
End-user customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing the Windows Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN (KB968211).
This feature pack can be applied to computers running either the original release of Windows 7 N and Windows 7 KN, or it can be applied to computers running Windows 7 N Service Pack 1 or Windows 7 KN Service Pack 1.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows 7 Starter N, Windows 7 Home Premium N, Windows 7 Professional N, Windows 7 Enterprise N, Windows 7 Ultimate N, Windows 7 Starter KN, Windows 7 Home Premium KN, Windows 7 Professional KN, Windows 7 Enterprise KN, Windows 7 Ultimate KN
- 1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
2. Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.