Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems
Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools enables IT administrators to remotely manage roles and features in Windows Server 2008 from a computer that is running Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later versions of Windows Vista Service Packs.
- Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) enables IT administrators to remotely manage roles and features in Windows Server 2008 from a computer that is running Windows Vista with SP1 or later versions of Windows Vista Service Packs.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later versions of Windows Vista Service Packs is required.
- Note: RSAT should not be installed on a computer that is running the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack or Windows 2000 Server® Administration Tools Pack. Please remove all versions of Administration Tools Pack from the computer before installing RSAT.
Only one copy of RSAT can be installed on a computer at one time. Before installing a new package, remove any existing versions of RSAT, including any copies that are in different languages.
On a computer that is running the final release of Windows Vista with SP1 or later versions of Windows Vista Service Packs:
- Download the RSAT package from the Microsoft Web site.
- Double-click the downloaded package to start the Setup wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
- Open Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off under Programs and Features. If you are prompted to provide permission by User Account Control, click Continue.
In the Windows Features dialog box, select the remote administration snap-ins and tools that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut.
- Right click Start, and then click Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
- In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK.
- Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by RSAT are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.
- For a complete list of tools included in the RSAT final package, installation instructions, and other help topics, see Remote Server Administration Tools Help in the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.