IIS Advanced Logging - 32-bit
IIS Advanced Logging provides rich, flexible data collection and real-time client & server-side logging capabilities.
- IIS Advanced Logging provides rich, flexible data collection and real-time logging capabilities. Log any of the HTTP request/response headers, IIS server variables and client-side fields to track end-user engagement. Generate logs per IIS application, create custom logging for modules, or implement hierarchical logging. Set up a central log farm to collect client-side metrics and create multiple purpose-specific logs per request, with each log containing purpose-specific data.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- The IIS Management Console for Internet Information Services 7 must be installed to manage the IIS Media Services 3.0 modules using the IIS 7 user interface.
- Previous versions of this extension must be uninstalled first.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, then do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Installing this package requires full administrative permissions. This is best accomplished using one of two methods:
- Log in to your computer using the local "administrator" account before installation.
- Use the Command Prompt:
- Copy the download to your computer (see above)
- Log in to your computer using an account with administrator privileges
- Click the Windows Start button
- In the "Search for Programs and Features" box on the Start menu, type "Command Prompt"
- Right-click on the Command Prompt program in the search results
- Select Run as administrator
- In the Command Prompt windows that opens, type the command listed below to run the installation:
msiexec /i AdvancedLogging32.msi
Note: The above steps are required because the User Account Control (UAC) security component in the Windows operating system will prevent the installation of IIS modules by non-administrators. For more information about UAC, please see the following documentation:
After installation is completed, Advanced Logging is enabled on your computer. To change the default Advanced Logging settings, use the IIS Manager console…
- At the server level, double-click the Advanced Logging icon to change caching settings.
- At the site level or below, double-click the Advanced Logging icon to manage your Advanced Logging content after you have published it to the Web server.