Microsoft Contoso BI Demo Dataset for Retail Industry
A fictitious retail demo dataset used for presenting Microsoft Business Intelligence products.
- The Contoso BI Demo dataset is used to demonstrate DW/BI functionalities across the entire Microsoft Office product family. This dataset includes C-level, sales/marketing, IT, and common finance scenarios for the retail industry and support map integration. In addition, this dataset offers large volumes of transactions from OLTP and well-structured aggregations from OLAP, along with reference and dimension data.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- To download the product:
• Click the links below and save the two executable files to your hard disk.
To extract the components:
1. Double-click each executable file to run the extraction process. Each time, you will be prompted to choose a location for the contents. Make sure that you save all of the components to the same directory on your hard disk.
2. To start the extraction, click OK.
3. After the extraction has completed, click OK.
To restore and process the Contoso BI Demo dataset:
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio, and select Database Engine.
2. Enter the Server name and click Restore Database….
3. Restore ContosoRetailDW.bak file to ContosoRetailDW database.
5. Connect to Analysis Services in SQL Server Management Studio and restore ContosoRetail.abf backup file to Contoso_Retail OLAP database.
6. Verify Data Sources of Contoso_Retail is connecting to ContosoRetailDW,
7. Click Process.