eConnect for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Article: eConnect Serialization Example Using Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET
This article demonstrates how to serialize data from a custom Microsoft SQL Server table and use eConnect objects to integrate the records into Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0.
- This article demonstrates how to serialize data from a custom SQL Server table and use eConnect objects to integrate the records into Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. The information walks you through the following steps:
- Starting a new application in Visual Basic .NET
- Adding a new Windows application
- Applying the sample code
- Debugging and testing the application
You should have some experience with eConnect for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, Visual Studio 2005, and SQL Server 2005.
If you are using the PDF version of the article, the script is attached to the PDF. If you are using the XPS version, you can download the associated script as an .exe file.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Vista
- To view the PDF file, you'll need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- To view the XPS file, you'll need Windows Vista or the Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack.
- Click Download to download the document in PDF file or XPS file format.
- Save the file to your computer.
- You also can download the .exe file to a location on your computer. Double-click the .exe file and extract the .txt files, which are the scripts. Refer to this script as mentioned in the article.