SQL Server 2005 Virtual Backup Device Interface (VDI) Specification
The SQL Server 2005 Virtual Backup Device Interface Specification now contains updated information about the Virtual Backup Device interface. Independent software vendors (ISVs) can use the Virtual Backup Device Application Programming Interface (API) to integrate SQL Server into their products.
- The SQL Server 2005 Virtual Backup Device Interface Specification contains updated information about the Virtual Backup Device interface. Independent software vendors (ISVs) can use the Virtual Backup Device application programming interface (API) to integrate SQL Server into their products. This API is engineered to provide maximum reliability and performance, and to support the full range of SQL Server backup and restore functionality, including all hot and shadow-copy backup capabilities.
This download includes:
- The specification document, V_backup.chm
- VDI header files used to build VDI applications
- Sample programs
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- You must be running one of the operating systems listed above.
- Download v_backup.zip.
- Double-click the copy of v-backup.zip now stored on your computer. You will be asked to select an installation folder. The updated Virtual Backup Device Interface Specification and associated sample programs will be copied to the location you specified.