Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Guides: Financials
This page includes links to the documentation resources for the financial modules of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- You can use this page to download the following documentation components:
- Bank Reconciliation (BankReconciliation.pdf or BankReconciliation.xps): Describes how to set up, enter, and maintain cash receipts and disbursements, and how to enter additional transactions that affect checkbook balances and reconciliation processes. Also describes how to analyze transaction information and complete routine maintenance procedures.
- Cashbook Bank Management (CashbookBankManagement.pdf or CashbookBankManagement.xps): Explains how to set up Cashbook Bank Management, which you can use to manage your banking information, import bank statements into Microsoft Dynamics GP, and reconcile transactions. Describes how to enter and reconcile information, and includes inquiry, reporting, and routine procedure information.
- Cash Flow Management (CashFlowManagement.pdf or CashFlowManagement.xps): Explains how to set up cash flow forecasts and enter cash flow transactions. Also includes inquiry and reporting information.
- Collections Management (CollectionsManagement.pdf or CollectionsManagement.xps): Explains how to set up and use Collections Management to track customers who meet specific account criteria, send collection letters, and view customer collection information.
- Electronic Banking (ElectronicBanking.pdf or ElectronicBanking.xps): Explains how to set up and use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and European EFT for Payables Management, EFT and Direct Debits and Refunds for Receivables Management, Electronic Reconcile, and Safe Pay. You can use Electronic Banking to pay vendors electronically, create direct debit transactions for customers, reconcile checkbooks, and confirm the authenticity of checks with your bank.
- Electronic Bank Management (ElectronicBankManagement.pdf or ElectronicBankManagement.xps): Explains how to set up Electronic Bank Management to enter or import all the transactions that appear on your bank statement. Describes how to enter and reconcile information, and includes inquiry, reporting, and routine procedure information.
- Export Financial Data (ExportFinancialData.pdf or ExportFinancialData.xps): Describes how to export the ACCON account balance report for Belgium and the ETAFI account balance for France to a format that can be imported by the legal authorities of Belgium and France.
- Fixed Assets Enhancements (FAEnhancements.pdf or FAEnhancements.xps): Describes how to set up and calculate depreciation for low-cost and low-value assets.
- Fixed Assets Management (FixedAssets.pdf or FixedAssets.xps): Explains how to set up assets, account groups, physical locations, and other information to manage your asset records. Includes information about transactions, routine procedures, integrations, inquiries, and reports.
- General Ledger (GeneralLedger.pdf or GeneralLedger.xps): Describes how to set up, enter, and maintain account records and transactions. Explains the various types of accounts and how to set up a chart of accounts, enter beginning balances and history, and set up budgets. Also includes information about revenue and expense deferrals, reports, and routine procedures.
- GST and Australian Taxes (GSTandAustralianTaxes.pdf or GSTandAustralianTaxes.xps): Explains how to install the Australian tax features, and set up and use Goods and Services Tax (GST), Pay As You Go, Business Activity Statement reports, and Pay As You Go reports. Also describes how to enter and view tax information.
- Intercompany Processing (IntercompanyProcessing.pdf or IntercompanyProcessing.xps): Explains how to set up, enter, and maintain relationships between companies, and enter transactions in one company that create transactions in another company's general ledger. Also describes posting and other routine procedures.
- Multicurrency Management (MulticurrencyManagement.pdf or MulticurrencyManagement.xps): Describes how to set up and maintain Multicurrency Management, currencies, and exchange rates. Also describes reporting functions and maintenance procedures, such as recognizing gains and losses.
- Multidimensional Analysis (MultidimensionalAnalysis.pdf or MultidimensionalAnalysis.xps): Explains how to set up and maintain analysis codes and groups, and how to automatically apply information to transaction distributions. Also explains how to complete comprehensive inquiry and reporting procedures.
- Multilingual Checks (MultilingualChecks.pdf or MultilingualChecks.xps): Explains how to set up and use Multilingual Checks, which you can use to print check amounts in words, in languages other than the system language.
- Payables Management (PayablesManagement.pdf or PayablesManagement.xps): Describes how to set up and maintain vendor information, enter and post transactions and batches, report on payables activity, and complete period- and year-end procedures. Also includes scheduled payments and customer/vendor consolidations information.
- Payment Document Management (PaymentDocumentManagement.pdf or PaymentDocumentManagement.xps): Explains how to set up your system to enter sales and purchasing transactions using payment methods other than cash, checks, and credit cards, such as particular payment documents used in some European and Latin American countries.
- Receivables Management (ReceivablesManagement.pdf or ReceivablesManagement.xps): Explains how to set up, enter, and maintain customer records, sales territory records, salesperson records, and transactions. Describes how to analyze and report on information and complete period- and year-end procedures. Also includes scheduled payments, refund checks, customer/vendor consolidations, and lockbox processing information.
- Scheduled Instalments (ScheduledInstalments.pdf or ScheduledInstalments.xps): Explains how to set up and use Scheduled Instalments, which you can use to split the total amount of an invoice into two amounts due on different days.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- Click Download to download the manuals in PDF or XPS file format.
- Save the files to your computer. When prompted for a location for the files, save them to the Documentation folder in your Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 folder. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2010\Documentation.
- If you’re asked if you want to overwrite the existing files, click Yes.
- Repeat these steps on each computer where you want to install the manuals, or save the files to a shared folder where other others can access them.