Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft® Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) introduces new features and functionality to Forefront TMG 2010 Standard and Enterprise Editions.
- The service pack includes the following new features and feature improvements:
• The new User Activity report displays the sites and site categories accessed by any user.
• All Forefront TMG reports have a new look and feel.
Enhancements to URL Filtering
• You can now allow users to override the access restriction on sites blocked by URL filtering. This allows for a more flexible web access policy, in that users can decide for themselves whether to access a blocked site. This is especially useful for websites that have been incorrectly categorized.
• You can now override the categorization of a URL on the enterprise level; the override is then effective for each enterprise-joined array.
• Denial notification pages can now be customized for your organization's needs.
Enhanced Branch Office Support
• Collocation of Forefront TMG and a domain controller on the same server, which can help reduce the total cost of ownership at branch offices.
• When installed on a computer running Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1 simplifies the deployment of BranchCache at the branch office, using Forefront TMG as the Hosted Cache server.
Support for publishing SharePoint 2010
• Forefront TMG SP1 supports secure publishing of SharePoint 2010.
To read the release notes, see the Forefront TMG Release Notes (SP1).
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- • Forefront TMG 2010 Standard Edition
• Forefront TMG 2010 Enterprise Edition
Important Note about Installing SP1
Before installing this service pack, it is highly recommended that you read the TechNet article Installing Forefront TMG SP1. Installing the service pack on Forefront TMG computers in an order other than as described in this article is unsupported.
- 1. Click the Download button on this page.
2. Click Save to download to your computer.
3. Read the TechNet article Installing Forefront TMG SP1 for deployment guidance.