Updates for Microsoft Script Editor Help
This update installs the latest assistance content for the Microsoft Script Editor Help file that is included with the 2007 Office System.
- This download replaces the Help (.HxS) file on your computer for Microsoft Script Editor. The download contains the latest revisions and additions to content in that Help file.
By default, officehelp.msp automatically replaces the current MSE.HXS file in the \Program Files\Office12\1033 directory on the drive where you installed the 2007 Office System. If you installed the 2007 Office System in a different directory, you can locate the file in the \1033 directory, a subdirectory of the \Program Files\Office12 folder.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- These downloads work with :
- All programs in the 2007 Office System that support the Microsoft Script Editor.
- To install this download:
- Download the officehelp-en-us.exe file by clicking the Download button at the bottom of this page.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Save, and then specify a location on your hard disk for the download file.
You should download this file if you have access to your original product CD-ROM. You might need to provide the original Office installation source during installation if you previously updated your product.
- Quit any Office 2007 programs that you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the officehelp-en-us.exe file that you saved to your hard disk. Double-click the extracted officehelp.msp and then follow the instructions on the screen to install the files.
For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB963671, Description of Updates for Microsoft Script Editor Help: April 28, 2009