Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Explorer
Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Explorer is a simplified Visual Studio Team System 2008 environment used solely to access Team Foundation Server services.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Explorer can be used as a standalone rich client for accessing Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server. It enables users to join the software development life cycle with integrated support for source control, work item tracking, build management, and detailed reports showing bug trends, project velocity and quality indicators.
You must have a Team Foundation Server Client Access License (CAL) to use Team Explorer to access a Team Foundation Server.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Processor: 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 256 MB
- Hard disk: 5 GB
- Download instructions
- 1. Click on the image download available on this page and save to your hard drive in a temporary directory.
- 2.Follow the ISO handling instructions below.
Options for handling downloaded ISO Images.
Following 2 options are available for CD image handling.
- 1. Write the image file to blank CD (Recommended)
- 2. Mount image file virtually as CD devices.
- For details of the options listed above, see "What are ISO image files and how do I use them?" topic available on this FAQ page.
- 1. On the CD, locate Setup.exe and double click to initiate installation.
- 2. Follow the Setup Wizard instructions to completion.