Windows PowerShell 1.0 English-Language Installation Package for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition (KB926139)
Microsoft Windows® PowerShell is a new command-line shell and scripting language designed for system administration and automation. Built on the .NET Framework, Windows PowerShell enables IT professionals and developers control and automate the administration of Windows and applications.
- Windows PowerShell includes:
• More than 130 command-line tools (called "cmdlets") for performing common system administration tasks, such as managing services, processes, event logs, certificates, the registry, and using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
• Command-line tools are designed to be easy to learn and easy to use with standard naming conventions and common parameters, and simple tools for sorting, filtering, and formatting data and objects.
• Support for existing scripting languages and existing command-line tools, and multiple versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista™, and Windows Server code name “Longhorn".
• Features that enable users to navigate data stores, like the registry and certificate stores, as if they were a file system.
• Standard utilities for managing Windows data in different stores and formats, including Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Component Object Model (COM) objects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), HTML, and XML.
• Sophisticated expression parsing and .NET Framework object manipulation at the command line, including pipelining of objects help IT professionals to work more efficiently and effectively.
• An extensible interface that enables independent software vendors and enterprise developers to build custom cmdlets to meet unique application and system administration requirements.
Which version should I install?
• English. If you are running an English-language version of Windows, or a version of Windows localized for a language other than German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Simplified, or Chinese Traditional, use the Download link on this page to install an English-language version of Windows PowerShell 1.0. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 926139.
• Localized. If you are running a localized version of Windows for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Simplified, or Chinese Traditional, use the Windows PowerShell 1.0 Localized Installation Package. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 926140.
• MUI Language Pack. If you are running a multilingual interface (MUI) versions of Windows, which displays the Windows interface in multiple languages, install the English-language version of Windows PowerShell 1.0, and then install the Windows PowerShell 1.0 MUI Language Pack. The MUI Language Pack does not include the Windows PowerShell program. For more information, see Knowledge Base article 926141.
Before installing Windows PowerShell 1.0, you must uninstall any other versions of Windows PowerShell 1.0. You do not need to restart your computer after installing Windows PowerShell 1.0 unless files from other versions of Windows PowerShell 1.0 are being used by another program during the installation.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition
- Requires .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Click the Download button at the top of this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.