Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee - User Level Install
Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee is a conferencing client that allows users without Microsoft Lync 2010 installed, to participate in online meetings. If you are not an administrator on the computer but an administrator has allowed you to perform installations, you can install this application.
- This download was originally released on November 2, 2010. For a complete list of fixes and changes in this latest version, please see KB article 2500440.
With Lync 2010 Attendee, a user can join a meeting in one of two ways:
Depending on how the organizer has set up the meeting, the user will either join the meeting immediately or wait in the lobby until a meeting presenter admits the user.
- As an unauthenticated user, by providing a guest display name.
- As an authenticated user by providing corporate credentials.
Communication and Collaboration Features
Lync 2010 Attendee provides communication tools such as instant messaging, audio, and video, as well as collaboration tools such as application sharing, screen sharing, attachments, white board, polling, and PowerPoint slide presentation.
If you are an administrator on the computer, you can use the administrator installer of Lync 2010 Attendee, available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=201479.
Note: This setup program creates a firewall exception to allow Lync 2010 Attendee client communications through the firewall.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the link below and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation on the desktop.
To remove this download:
- To remove the download file, delete the .EXE file saved to your hard disk.
To uninstall this program:
- Go to the control panel and remove the application from Add/Remove programs