Microsoft WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.0 Reference Implementation: Final Release for the .NET Framework version 2.0
The Microsoft WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.0 Reference Implementation demonstrates interoperability of secure Web services. By reading the guide and examining the application, you can gain an understanding of how conforming to the BSP 1.0 helps you create secure Web services that are interoperable. This release targets the .NET Framework version 2.0.
- The WS-I Basic Security Profile Reference Implementation is built using Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 and the .NET Framework 2.0 to illustrate how to build resilient, real-world, secure, interoperable Web services. The supply chain management scenario was designed by the WS-I and is the same application used to test the success of interoperability with other Web service vendors who have implemented the WS-I Basic Security Profile.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To install this release, your environment must meet a number of prerequisites:
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 with SQL Server Express (or SQL Server 2005)
- Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) version 3.0
- To install this release
1. Download the application installation file WSIBSP10ReferenceImplementationForWSE30.msi by clicking the Download button on this page.
2.In the folder where you downloaded the .msi file, double-click WSIBSP10ReferenceImplementationForWSE30.msi.
3.On the Welcome page, click Next.
4.View the License Agreement, and if you agree, select I Agree. Click Next.
5.Select a folder in which the application should be installed, and choose whether the application should be available only to yourself, or to everyone using the computer, by selecting either Just Me or Everyone. Click Next.
6.On the confirmation page, click Next. The application will now install.
7.When the application finishes installing, click Close to close the setup wizard.
To run the application, click Start on the taskbar, point to Programs, point to Microsoft patterns & practices, and then point to WSI Sample Application. You should see icons for the WS-I BSP 1.0 Sample Application solution and the WS-I Supply Chain Management V1.0 Web site. If setup was successful, you can start the application by clicking the icon for the Web site.
You can also access the documentation in CHM format from the WSI Sample Application menu or you can download the PDF from this page.