Windows Essential Business Server Preparation and Planning Wizards
The Preparation and Planning Wizards help you prepare your environment and plan for deployment of Windows Essential Business Server.
- Windows® Essential Business Server (EBS) provides an integrated server and management system for businesses that have up to 300 users or computers. The Preparation and Planning Wizards help you prepare your environment and plan for deployment of Windows EBS, The Preparation Wizard scans your network environment and identifies issues that you need to correct to be able to deploy Windows EBS. The tool runs about 100 environment checks and provides data and documentation links to address the issues found. The Planning Wizard collects information about the network settings that you will need to install Windows EBS.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Make sure that you have installed the latest service packs and updates for your Windows operating system.
- The .NET Framework 2.0 software is required to install and run the Preparation Wizard and the Planning Wizard. You can download and install this software from the Microsoft Download Center (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=14265).
- Make sure that you have installed the latest service packs and updates for .NET Framework.
- 1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
2. Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.