Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5
The Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 installs the Windows Live ID online provider for Windows 7. This provider enables linking a Windows Live ID to a Windows 7 user account.
- The Windows Live™ ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 installs the Windows Live ID online provider for Windows® 7. By making it possible to link a Windows Live ID to a Windows 7 user account, this online provider helps enable Windows 7 applications to deliver great features like sharing documents, pictures, music, and video.
Through the online provider, the Sign-in Assistant helps a Windows 7 application running on one computer identify and communicate with other computers that are associated with the same Windows Live ID. Just by linking your Windows Live ID to the user account on each Windows 7 computer you own, you enable those computers to identify each other and work together more easily than has been possible in the past. Applications can take advantage of this capability to support scenarios as in the following example: On his homegroup, Bob wants to share certain documents with his wife but not with his kids. Simply by specifying his wife’s Windows Live ID user name, Bob can give his wife exclusive permission to access documents on his computer.
The Sign-in Assistant will also turn on new features for users of Windows Live ID services. Stay tuned to the Windows Live ID blog for future announcements.
Downloading the Sign-in Assistant means you agree to the privacy statement and Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5 License Agreement. You'll get future updates to the Sign-in Assistant and other Microsoft programs from Microsoft Update.
Microsoft Update Information
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2 and 3)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 and 2)
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 2)
- Windows 7 Server
- To install the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5, double-click the appropriate package for your platform.
- For the 32-bit operating system, download and install wllogin_32 msi. (This download is appropriate for most Windows users)
- For the 64-bit operating system, download and install wllogin_64 msi.