Flaw In Windows Media Player May Allow Media Library Access
An identified security issue in Windows Media Player 9 Series could allow an attacker to see certain information on your computer after you viewed a Web page. By installing this update, you can help protect your computer.
- An identified security issue in Windows Media Player 9 Series could allow an attacker to see certain information on your computer after you viewed a Web page. For instance, this issue could allow an attacker to view information about your Windows Media Player Media Library and modify it. By installing this update, you can help protect your computer.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows XP
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Note: Microsoft Knowledge Base article will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.